‘Controversial equalizer’ Manchester United 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Man City… 9 consecutive wins in the official game

Manchester United beat Manchester City to escape from a 3-game losing streak in the ‘Manchester Derby’. After conceding the opening goal and balancing it out with a controversial equalizer, Marcus Rashford scored the dramatic come-from-behind winner.

Manchester United won a 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Manchester City in the 20th round of the 2023-2023 English Premier League (EPL)’Manchester Derby’ held at Old Trafford in Manchester, England on the 14th at 9:30 pm (Korean time).

Manchester United were driven to the edge of the cliff by conceding the opening goal to Jack Grealish in the 15th minute of the second half, but Bruno Fernandez’s equalizer in the 33rd minute of the second half and Marcus Rashford’s consecutive goals 4 minutes later led to a thrilling come-from-behind victory in front of home fans.

With this victory, Manchester United continued their recent 9-game winning streak. With 38 points (13 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses), they pulled down Newcastle United and rose to third place. In addition, it also broke the trend of the recent Manchester derby 3 consecutive defeats, and gave the home fans a Manchester derby victory in about 3 years since March 2020.

On the other hand, Man City stayed at 39 points (12 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses) and failed to close the gap with leader Arsenal (44 points). 카지노사이트

The home team launched a 4-2-3-1 formation with Marcus Rashford, Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandez in the second line, led by Anthony Martial. Fred and Casemiro lined up in the midfield, while Tyrell Malacia, Luke Shaw, Rafael Baran and Aaron Wan-Bissaka lined the defense. Goalkeeper David De Gea.

Manchester City faced off with a 4-3-3 model with Phil Foden and Riyad Mahrez on both sides, centered on Erling Hollan. Bernardo Silva, Rodri and Kevin De Bruyne worked together in midfield. João Cancelo, Nathan Ake, Manuel Akanzi and Kyle Walker lined the defense and Ederson in goal.

The match unfolded in a way that Manchester United counterattacked while Man City maintained high possession of the ball. Manchester United opened the door in the 11th minute with a right-footed shot by Fernandez. After that, both teams engaged in a fierce battle. However, it was difficult to create a decisive opportunity. In the 23rd minute of the first half, Hollan’s shot was blocked by a tackle by the defense.

After halfway through the first half, United took chances one after another. Rashford, who received a long pass from the rear, tried to shoot after passing the goalkeeper, but was blocked by the defense in front of the goal. Three minutes later, Rashford, who received Eriksen’s pass, confronted the goalkeeper again one-on-one, but the last ball control was long and was blocked by the goalkeeper. Manchester City also countered with Walker’s powerful mid-range shot in extra time, but it slightly missed the goal.

Despite having 69% of the ball possession in the first half, Manchester City, who were pushed back by 2-4 in the number of shots and 0-2 in the number of effective shots, launched a counterattack in the second half. Manchester United also made a change by putting Anthony in place of Martial, and Man City also counterfired with a Grealish card instead of Foden.

The tight balance of 0 was broken by Grealish. De Bruyne, who received a penetrating pass from Mahrez, dug into the right side of the penalty box and raised an exquisite cross to the goal, which Grealish connected with a header to shake the Manchester United net. Grealish scored his second league goal four months after the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers in September of last year.

Manchester United, who was hit by a blow, took out Eriksen and put in Alejandro Garnacho to make a change. However, the initiative was still up to Manchester City. While maintaining a high possession, Man City aimed for a ‘wedge goal’. Manchester United also put a lot of weight on the attack and continued their efforts for an equalizer with a quick attack.

And in the 33rd minute of the second half, Man United scored an equalizer. In a counterattack situation, Fernandez, who received a pass from the rear, shook the Manchester City net with a right-footed shot. The assistant referee declared that Rashford, who was at the time of the pass, was in an offside position, but the referee allowed Manchester United to score as Rashford did not touch the ball. However, as Rashford was clearly involved in the attack process, future controversy became inevitable.

In a counterattack situation, Manchester United reversed the game as Rashford finished Garnacho’s left-footed cross in front of the goal. Man City, driven into a corner, launched a last-minute wave offensive to strike a balance, but Man United’s concentration was not shaken in the end. The match ended in a 2-1 victory for United.

No Comments

Add Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *